Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I received from a friend several years ago. It is an easy recipe and our family and friends request it often. I freeze cranberrys when they are in season so that I am able to make it year around. I don't think you'll be disappointed with this pie if you like cranberrys!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw cranberries, whole
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (or more)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Spread the berries on bottom of the pie shell.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the cranberrys, then sprinkle the nuts on.
- Beat the egg, add white sugar, flour and melted margarine. Mix or whisk well and spread over the cranberrys, brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake at 325* for about 45 minutes (I bake a little longer), until the topping is nicely browned, not dark brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping. This is also good cold.