Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the orange juice, milk, butter and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries, pecans and orange peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Yummy! Very simple, easy recipe - a hit with the family!
Loved this recipe, if you do not like a big burst of tart that you get from the halved cranberries--try quartering them instead.
I loved these muffins,I'm just on my second one as I write this review. I used Equal instead of sugar and Ruby Red and Tangerine Cocktail instead of orange juice and I also added half a cup of coconut.These are simply marvelous. I could eat two more but I must share because they're too good to keep for myself,unless I make a second batch,hmmmm...