Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like your muffins warm, these warm up nicely in the microwave 15 seconds on high.
Make and share this Cranberry-Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups raw cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put the cranberries in a saucepan with the sugar, orange zest, and juice.
- Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until most of the berries burst and the sugar is dissolved, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add the buttermilk.
- Combine the dry ingredients except the nuts and stir half into the batter.
- Add the cranberries, then the remaining flour, and fold in the nuts.
- Spoon into lined muffin pans.
- Bake in the center of the oven until well browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.