If you like your muffins warm, these warm up nicely in the microwave 15 seconds on high.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups raw cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Put the cranberries in a saucepan with the sugar, orange zest, and juice.
- 3Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until most of the berries burst and the sugar is dissolved, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- 5Add the buttermilk.
- 6Combine the dry ingredients except the nuts and stir half into the batter.
- 7Add the cranberries, then the remaining flour, and fold in the nuts.
- 8Spoon into lined muffin pans.
- 9Bake in the center of the oven until well browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- 10Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Nut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 218.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of