Attempt #2, with variations!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/4 cups rolled oats, not instant
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/3 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup flax seed, golden
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup amaranth
- 3/4 cup wheat germ, raw
- 3/4 cup textured vegetable protein, flakes
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Combine "Dry Ingredients" in a large bowl.
- 3Combine oil, cranberry juice, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and 1/2 cup sorghum in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Reduce heat to low.
- 4Add syrup mixture to dry granola, about 1/4 - 1/2 cup at a time, mixing granola to coat evenly.
- 5Lightly spray two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Divide granola-syrup mixture in two and spread each half on a separate cookie sheet, in even layers that fully extend to tray edges.
- 6Bake at 300 degrees, stirring every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning. For clumpy granola, drizzle remaining 1/2 cup sorghum on top after 15-20 minutes in oven.
- 7Bake 30-45 minutes TOTAL, until golden and halfway dry/crispy. Remove from oven & cool on wire racks. (Granola will continue to dry & crisp after removing from oven.)
- 8For a small crumble texture, stir granola periodically while cooling; for clusters, allow to cool completely before gently breaking into clumps.
- 9When completely cool, mix in any desired fruits and store in an airtight container (or wait until serving to add fruits/other toppings). NOTE: remove any cinnamon stick pieces before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Nut Granola
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 17
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein