Recipe by Marmish
These are a great alternative to store bought cereal and granola bars. They pack well and make an easy, quick snack or breakfast on the go. I like to use dried cranberries, but you could substitute any soft dried fruit like cherries or apricots.
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup other dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toast oatmeal on large baking sheet 13 x 9 pan or 15 x 10 jellyroll pan for 10 minutes.
- Add raisins and Rice Krispies and toast another 5 minutes.
- Add peanuts and dried fruit and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter, peanut butter and marshmallows over low heat.
- When smooth and combined, add oatmeal mixture.
- Stir to coat.
- Press firmly into 9x13 pan.
- Cool and cut into 20 bars.
- Note: I use a large dutch oven type pot to make mixing easier.
- You can also reduce or eliminate butter if you want to lower the fat.