Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cranberries are perfect for Autumn. You can use fresh cranberries or ones that are frozen; just thaw the frozen ones.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Note: make sure you pick any stems off the cranberries before chopping those, or they could be yucky.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter until fluffy.
- Add milk, lemon juice, vanilla and egg, mixing well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mixing well.
- Mix in nuts, then fold in cranberries.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes or until edges brown slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
I made these cookies with Craisins and walnuts and soy milk instead of 2% They were awesome and semi healthy
Awesome cookie!! I used Craisins and Almonds and they turned out great. Thanks!
These were incredible. Although described as not too sweet, they were perfect for us. I made them just as written using frozen cranberries and cashews for nuts as that was what I had. They look just like the picture. These will be made again!