Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this over christmas for gifts and it was a hit.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen,chopped
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons oranges, rind grated
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, and orange rind in a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend well.
- Pour into an oiled 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool for 6 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- Store in a plastic bag or aluminum foil for at least one day before slicing.