Recipe by MizzNezz
Beautiful loaf for the holidays.
Top Review by Barb G.
Delicious, we love the sweet and tangy taste. It is really chucked full of Cranberries. My husband likes it toasted. I doubled the recipe and made 2 loaves. Worked out great. Makes a nice bread to make for gifts. Thank you Inez.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Beat egg, juice and rind; add to dry ingredients.
- Mix just until blended.
- Add cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350* for 65 minutes, until pick comes out clean.