Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Beautiful loaf for the holidays.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- In lg bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Beat egg, juice and rind; add to dry ingredients.
- Mix just until blended.
- Add cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350* for 65 minutes, until pick comes out clean.
Delicious, we love the sweet and tangy taste. It is really chucked full of Cranberries. My husband likes it toasted. I doubled the recipe and made 2 loaves. Worked out great. Makes a nice bread to make for gifts. Thank you Inez.
Lovely loaf!! love the orange, cranberry, walnut combination. Have put it away in the freezer, it will be great to have there for emergencies over the holidays. I will probably make a couple more to give as small gifts. Thanks for sharing.
This is the best recipe! First of all, I love it that it only has 1/4 cup butter in the whole recipe. That was my main reason for trying it. But let me just say that it is so super easy to put together. I followed the recipe exactly except baked it in my stoneware pan that has four mini loaf sections. Baked them for about 35- 40 minutes. I apparently can't wait for it to cool as I just cut myself a second slice. Thanks so much! KCShell