Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice, easy treat for a cold day. Found in Penzeys Spices Catalog Winter 2007.
Make and share this Cranberry Nut Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon minced orange peel
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 1⁄2 cups squeezed fresh orange juice, with pulp (3-4 oranged)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 12 pecan halves, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soak minced orange peel in TB of water to rehydrate.
- In a small bowl lightly beat the egg, add orange peel, orange juice, vegetable oil, and pure vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until moist.
- Add cranberries and nuts(except for 12 pecan halves). Divide batter between 2 regular loaf pans greased and floured on the bottoms only( we prefer glass baking pans). Place 4-6 pecan halves evenly on top of each loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Remove from oven, cool in pan 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from pan(run a very thin knife around the outside edge of the bread, if you are concerned about the bread sticking).
- Let cool before completely slicing.