1 hr 15 mins
Nice, easy treat for a cold day. Found in Penzeys Spices Catalog Winter 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon minced orange peel
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 1/2 cups squeezed fresh orange juice, with pulp (3-4 oranged)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 12 pecan halves, for decoration (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Soak minced orange peel in TB of water to rehydrate.
- 3In a small bowl lightly beat the egg, add orange peel, orange juice, vegetable oil, and pure vanilla extract.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until moist.
- 6Add cranberries and nuts(except for 12 pecan halves). Divide batter between 2 regular loaf pans greased and floured on the bottoms only( we prefer glass baking pans). Place 4-6 pecan halves evenly on top of each loaf.
- 7Bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- 8Remove from oven, cool in pan 8-10 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan(run a very thin knife around the outside edge of the bread, if you are concerned about the bread sticking).
- 10Let cool before completely slicing.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1425.9
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1793.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 232.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 116.8 g
- Protein 23.2 g