Recipe by LynnL
My mother gave me this recipe when I moved out I like it so I thought I would pass it on
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries (frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts. Spoon into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 65-70 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.