Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love the combo of cranberries and walnuts, it's like a match made in heaven! I suppose you could substitute pecans in this recipe but I don't recommend it. Use walnuts!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350° and grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- Beat eggs in a medium mixing bowl until thick, gradually add sugar, beating until thoroughly blended; stir in flour and melted butter; blend well.
- Add cranberries and walnuts, mixing gently just until combined then spread mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into bars.
I loved the taste and texture of these nut bars! The recipe went together easily and quickly and I like the sweet and tart tastes! Thanks Jude!
WOW, these are delicious and so easy to make. I was worried as the recipe doesn't call for baking powder or soda. They turned out perfect . The top is crunchy, But moist and yummy with the TART cranberries and walnuts. This Recipe is a Keeper, so good.
Easy to make. Make sure your pan is plenty greased though. These little buggers stick!