Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A gluten-free recipe . I stock up on the Kosher for Passover noodles during Passover as they are rice and gluten free. But it is just as good with regular noodles.
- 453.59 g wide gluten free egg noodles
- 6 eggs (I use 1/2 egg beaters)
- 226.79 g farmer cheese
- 473.18 ml low-fat sour cream
- 118.29 ml low-fat milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- butter or margarine, for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350f. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles until tender, remove from heat and drain, rinse with cold water. Oil a 9x13 pan.
- In a blender, combine all remaining ingredients except cranberries. When blended. Pour liquid over noodles and add cranberries. Stir well until combined and pour into greased pan. Dust with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until top is golden and egg mixture is slightly firm. Allow to cool for 15 minute before serving.
Served this as a main dish. Kind of different because of the sweetness, but definitely good. Used regular noodles. Also subbed in a mild cheddar, which worked well. 18 month old enjoyed, and even ate some of the noodles, which he normally doesn't. He really really liked the eggy/cheesy/cranberry mixture though. I think I'd probably prefer it as a side dish though, and not to offend anyone (we aren't Jewish and don't eat Kosher) I think it would be a great side for ham. How would it typically be served as a Kosher meal? Just curious.