Recipe by KOSHER KOOK
A gluten-free recipe . I stock up on the Kosher for Passover noodles during Passover as they are rice and gluten free. But it is just as good with regular noodles.
Top Review by berry271
Served this as a main dish. Kind of different because of the sweetness, but definitely good. Used regular noodles. Also subbed in a mild cheddar, which worked well. 18 month old enjoyed, and even ate some of the noodles, which he normally doesn't. He really really liked the eggy/cheesy/cranberry mixture though. I think I'd probably prefer it as a side dish though, and not to offend anyone (we aren't Jewish and don't eat Kosher) I think it would be a great side for ham. How would it typically be served as a Kosher meal? Just curious.
- 16 ounces wide gluten free egg noodles
- 6 eggs (I use 1/2 egg beaters)
- 8 ounces farmer cheese
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- butter or margarine, for greasing pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350f. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles until tender, remove from heat and drain, rinse with cold water. Oil a 9x13 pan.
- In a blender, combine all remaining ingredients except cranberries. When blended. Pour liquid over noodles and add cranberries. Stir well until combined and pour into greased pan. Dust with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until top is golden and egg mixture is slightly firm. Allow to cool for 15 minute before serving.