Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yes, I am already thinking of Christmas baking. You can find the shredded unsweetened coconut at Trader Joe's or at the health food store. From one of Martha's many cookbooks
- Beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add milk, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat until just combined.
- Gradually add flour, cranberries, and pecans.
- Mix on low speed until fully combined.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into 8-inch logs, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Roll logs in coconut, pressing lightly to coat the outside of logs.
- Wrap logs in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut logs into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets, about 1 1/2-inches apart.
- Bake until edges are golden, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
- Hide from kids!