Recipe by Dib's
Lovely with pork, chicken, relish, meat and cheese platters. Prep time includes first resting time.
Top Review by Retired Greyhound Mom
I had some cranberries left over from Thanksgiving and thought I'd better use them up. I tried this recipe because I have a similar one that is plain, made with Malt vinegar. Everyone LOVES this mustard! I recommend it to anyone who enjoys flavored mustard. Great!!!
- 1 cup mustard powder (regular not Colmans or Keens unless you want it really hot)
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 cup cherry vinegar or 1 cup raspberry vinegar (see recipe #'s 70732 for cherry vinegar or 70731 for raspberry vinegar)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mild honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk together the mustard powder, mustard seeds, vinegar and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cover and let stand 12 hours at room temp.
- In a food processor whirl cranberries until finely chopped but you still want bits.
- In the top of a double boiler whisk together the sugar and eggs.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients including the mustard mixture.
- Place the bowl on top of a simmering pot of water.
- Whisk often for 45 minutes until cooked and thick-you want the temp to reach 180 to 185 degrees.
- When done remove and let stand for 1 hour, stir a few times.
- Cover and chill at least 24 hours, up to 48 hours before using to let flavors meld together.