Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A sweet, tart treat using one of our favorite ingredients - Cranberries!! I like the recipe made with lemonade the best.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice or 1⁄4 cup lemonade
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon shredded orange rind or 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour into 1 jumbo muffin tin (6 large muffins) or 1 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes for jumbo muffins or 45-50 minutes for loaf pan.
- If using regular sized muffins watch time closely.
- Test with toothpick for doneness.
I made 18 regular muffins and baked them 18 minutes. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. I mixed all the dried ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl I mixed the wet ingredients. I added the dried ingredients to the wet. I used frozen cranberries. Thanks DDW :) Made for Cookbook tag game
We enjoyed the wonderful fresh orange - cranberry flavor of these tender and incredibly moist muffins! Doubled the orange zest and the cranberries, and made them regular sized instead of jumbo (got about fifteen muffins). 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven and they were done to perfection. Cooled for about 15 minutes and they were ready to go. Store them in an airtight container--the are just as good the next day. Can't wait to try the lemonade version. Thanks for sharing, DDW!