Recipe by ellie_
Delicious cranberry muffins are wonderful on cold mornings when cranberries are in season. Recipe source: church cookbook.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Your recipe for cranberry muffins is just great! The muffins are wonderfully tasty & addicting, to say the least, but then we love cranberries, & I have now stocked my freezer with a lot of bag of 'em to last me through the year! Will certainly make these again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package cranberries, chopped or sliced using food processor and slicing disc
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin tins by lining with paper of greasing muffin cups.
- Place vanilla bean pieces and sugar in a food processor or blender and process until vanila beans is ground into tiny brown flecks.
- In a large mixing bowl cream vanilla sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In seperate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to batter alternately with milk, mixing well.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Mix sugar and nutmeg together in small cup and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until lightly brown.