Delicious cranberry muffins are wonderful on cold mornings when cranberries are in season. Recipe source: church cookbook.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin tins by lining with paper of greasing muffin cups.
- Place vanilla bean pieces and sugar in a food processor or blender and process until vanila beans is ground into tiny brown flecks.
- In a large mixing bowl cream vanilla sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In seperate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to batter alternately with milk, mixing well.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Mix sugar and nutmeg together in small cup and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until lightly brown.
Your recipe for cranberry muffins is just great! The muffins are wonderfully tasty & addicting, to say the least, but then we love cranberries, & I have now stocked my freezer with a lot of bag of 'em to last me through the year! Will certainly make these again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
Oh so perfect! My family loved these (extended family during Thanksgiving too)! Delightfully light, moist and just perky with cranberry goodness. I received 12 large muffins and then 8 mini muffins this time around! The addition of the sugar/nutmeg sprinkle on top just intensifies my love for these muffins. Actually making another batch today because we loved them so much. Thanks for sharing this gem in Please Review My Recipe tag game.
These were moist and light. I put two muffin tins out and filled 24 cups easily; although, referring to the previous comment, I did even the batter out among the 24 cups before baking. They came out average-sized, which was fine. I did not have a vanilla bean in the house, so I substituted 1 tsp. vanilla extract, which worked for our taste buds. We are cranberry-happy in our family, and these muffins definitely were a big hit. Great recipe!