Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great breakfast and/or snack muffin! The yogurt keeps it extremely moist and the cranberries will keep you on your toes. The recipe can be halved and the finished muffins frozen. Please note that most of the prep time is slicing your cranberries! If you have a food processor, it definitely helps.
- Mix Oatmeal and Yogurt in a large bowl.
- Allow some time for the Yogurt to absorb into the Oatmeal. This is a great time to slice your cranberries!
- Add Butter, Sugar, and Eggs to the Oatmeal/Yogurt mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to mixture. Mix well.
- Add cranberries. Stir until combined.
- Place large spoonfuls into greased muffin tins (you can also use muffin cups). You can fill each cup about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 400 until toothpick comes out clean.
- If you decide not to use muffin cups, allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
Rich and tasty muffins, though I made a few alterations. I used half whole wheat/half all purpose flour, only 1 cup of brown sugar, 12 ounce bag of frozen cranberries chopped in a mini-chopper, 6 ounces of chopped pecans, and I added 2 tablespoons of cinnamon to the dry ingredients. I like the flavor, though I will cut at least 4 Tbsp of butter from the recipe next time I make it. I also got 24 medium-sized muffins out of this recipe, filling my muffin cups nearly to the top, and they didn't bump into each other after they had risen. With the reduced sugar, you can definitely taste the tart of the cranberries even though they were smaller pieces, but the muffin as a whole was sweet enough.
Simple recipe, very moist muffins! No cooking time given: I had 24 muffins, total (bigger pan, or filled them more than you), and each batch of 12 was perfectly done in 25 minutes. I had a few variations: made my Gluten Free using a GF flour mix instead of regular flour...and I used 1 cup of brown sugar (I prefer slightly less sweet things). I also added about 1/3 cup flax seeds to the batter for more oomph. Me, spouse and 2 yr old all love them! Have put most of the batch into the freezer for savoring over time. Thanks for the great recipe!