Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthier version of a basic cranberry muffin recipe.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup natural applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed (i used bob's red mill brand)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Slightly beat egg in large mixing bowl.
- Add in milk, cranberries and applesauce and stir well.
- Add flour, flax seed, splenda, orange peel, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir together just until moistened.
- Using paper liners or non stick cooking sprayed muffin tin, fill each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
I'd say these were just OK. Good texture, but very little flavor. I doubt I'll make again. I did omit the orange (personal pref....I love cranberries but HATE orange), used brown sugar rather than Splenda, and used 1C white and 1C whole wheat flour, so I wonder if that had any impact. Regardless - thanks for sharing!
These muffins are so good. Great flavor and great results. I didn't have skim milk so I used whole milk. I used unsweetened applesauce. Thanks DDCooks. Made for PAC Spring 2009