Recipe by grandma2969
this is rose pink in color with a deep red accompanying sauce..it is elegant, serve a large number of people, can be made two days ahead in advance of serving..just the perfect company dessert
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 3 (1 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup kirsch
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 12 ounces seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup kirsch
Directions See How It's Made
- rinse the cranberries, discarding any stems and blemished berries.(you can use a 12 oz bag frozen, thawed).
- transfer to medium saucepan and combine with the sugar and 1 cup of the cranberry juice.
- bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- in a small bowl, whisk the gelatin into 1 cup of cranberry juice and allow the gelatin to soften -- about 5 minutes.
- stir the gelatin into the hot cranberry mixture.,then add the remaining 2 cups of cranberry juice, kirsch, and orange rind.
- transfer to a large bowl and refrigerate until slightly thickened.about 2-3 hours.
- in a chilled mixer bowl, whip the cream and salt until stiff peaks froms.
- fold the whipped cream into the slightly thickened gelatin mixture --
- pour the mixture into a 2 quart mold that has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- chill until firm -- about 4 hours or overnight.
- to prepare the sauce, puree the raspberries and juice through a sieve and discard the seeds -- stir in the preserves and kirsch, mix well.
- cover and refrigerate.
- when ready to serve, dip the mold into lukewarm water for a few seconds, tap to loosen -- and invert onto a serving platter.
- serve with a lilttle raspberry spooned over each serving.