Prep 35 mins
Cook 6 hrs 5 mins
Cranberry and Chocolate, YUMMM! Very pretty for the holiday season!
- 1 (20 ounce) box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (2 1/2 teaspoon) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3 drops red food coloring, if desired
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
- Heat oven to 350°F Wrap foil around outside of bottom and side of 10-inch springform pan to catch drips. Spray bottom only of pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, beat all base ingredients except chocolate chips with spoon 50 strokes; fold in chocolate chips. Spread in pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until base pulls away from side of pan; do not overtake. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 2 tablespoons water in 2-quart saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand 1 minute to soften. Spoon cranberry sauce and 1/2 cup sugar over gelatin. Heat to rolling boil over medium-high heat. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in orange peel. Cool at room temperature 20 minutes. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes, until mixture is slightly thickened.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into cranberry mixture. Fold in food color. Spoon mixture over cooled brownie base. Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan, mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in cranberry juice concentrate. Heat to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Cool 20 minutes at room temperature. Pour sauce into small resealable container. Refrigerate about 1 hour 30 minutes or until chilled.
- To serve, spoon sauce over each serving of torte.