Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is not just for Christmas turkey. By leaving out the nutmeg and pecans, it's a refreshing addition to grilled chicken during the summer months.
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- In bowl, dissolve gelatin in water.
- Add cranberry sauce, lemon juice, peel and nutmeg; mix well.
- Drain pineapple well; add juice to Jello mixture and set pineapple aside.
- Chill gelatin-juice mixture until syrupy.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- Add pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into an oiled 8 cup mould.
- Chill until firm.
My mom made this every year for holidays but lost the recipe I'm so glad I found it here. It is so yummy. My husband is diabetic so I use sugar free jello and it comes out the same