Recipe by Nimue2
A wonderful change from plain cranberry sauce, this dish can be served as a salad, an accompaniment to the turkey, or even a light dessert. Can be made a day ahead and kept refrigerated til the big day. Prep time does not include setting time.
Top Review by Mary K. W.
This is a wonderful recipe! I've been making it for years and was going to enter it out here and found that Nimue2 had beaten me to it. The pineapple really tempers the strong flavor of the cranberries and even people who normally don't care for cranberries will go back for seconds on this one.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (1 lb) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple well, reserving all juice.
- Add juice to gelatin in a 2 qt saucepan.
- Stir in water.
- Heat to boiling, stirring to dissolve gelatin.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend in cranberry sauce.
- Add lemon juice, zest, and nutmeg.
- Chill until mixture thickens slightly.
- Blend sour cream into gelatin mixture.
- Fold in pecans and pineapple.
- Pour into 2 qt mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plate.