Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Thanksgiving and Christmas just wouldn't be the same for us without lots of cranberry dishes. I made this for Thanksgiving about 14 years ago for the first time and it's been in demand for every family Thanksgiving gathering since. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- In a saucepan, heat cranberry juice cocktail to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in raspberry jello until dissolved.
- Stir in cranberry sauce.
- Chill until mixture is thickened.
- Fold in whipped cream and pour into serving dishes (or decorative serving bowl).
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream, if desired.
Very delicious! I used cherry Jell-o since I'm not real fond of raspberry. I used a whisk to blend the hot Jell-o with the cranberry sauce, as a spoon didn't seem to break up the jelled cranberry too well. I also subbed Cool Whip for the whipped cream. I made this the morning of Thanksgiving Day and when we had dinner around 5 p.m. it wasn't set up, but rather had the consistency of applesauce. The next day, however, it had set up after being in the refrigerator overnight. So make sure to allow time for it to set! Thanks Cindy Lynn!
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner....it turned out wonderful! I will definately make it again! Thank you much!
Cranberry lovers heaven! The raspberry Jell-o softens the intense cranberry flavor and the whipped cream adds the wow factor! The only thing I did different, was to add sugar and vanilla to the cream before whipping (personal preference). Thanks Cindy Lynn for this heavenly recipe!