Recipe by Courtly
From taste of home.
Top Review by Sweet Diva MJ
This cheesecake is wonderful. I made it last Christmas and it was incredible. The only change I made was to substitute Neufchatel cream cheese for the regular. I tmade a stunning presentation and held up to my family reputation of making the best cheesecakes around. : ) I was about to post it and found it already here!
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Combine sugar and flour; add to cream cheese and mix well. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- In small bowl, dissolve coffee in water; add cream and cinnamon. Stir into the cream cheese mixture just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- In a large saucepan, bring cornstarch and cranberry sauce to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gradually add confectioners sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over the cheesecake. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until set.
- Carefully spread 1 cup of cranberry mixture to within 1 inch of edge; cover and refrigerate remaining cranberry mixture. Refrigerate cheesecake overnight. Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Serve with the remaining cranberry mixture.