Recipe by Engrossed
From Sunset magazine. "Mint tea and cranberry syrup combine in a glowing aperitif."
Top Review by mary winecoff
This was wonderful; kinda like a cosmopolitan. I have fresh mint in my garden but I bet you could use a mint tea bag to make the mint tea. I used cranberries to make the syrup. Very good!
- 4 cups water, boiling hot
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 tablespoons limoncello, to serve
- 24 tablespoons vodka, to serve
- 6 teaspoons lemon juice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, pour 4 cups of boiling water over mint leaves. Let steep for 10 minutes. Strain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-2 quart saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring to a boil cranberrries, sugar and 1 cup of water. Remove from heat. Cool then strain.
- To make one cocktail, combine 1/3 cup fresh mint tea, 2 tablespoons cranberry syrup, 1 tablespoon limoncello, 2 tablespoons vodka and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice in a cocktail shaker full of ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.