Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple recipe was clipped from a local newspaper about 6 years ago. The tartness of the cranberries nicely balances the spicy sweetness of the mincemeat.
- Place rack in lower half of oven & preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mincemeat & cranberries, then set aside.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with one pastry crust, then add the filling.
- Cover with a top crust, then seal & flute the edges before cutting several vent slits near the center.
- Whisk the egg yolk & water together, then brush the surface of the pie with the egg wash.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Cover & refrigerate.
A veritable winner from the mincemeat kitchens in California! LOVED this Syd! I made this for guests on Saturday night and we all wolfed it down............I liked the extra tartness of the cranberries against the richness of the mincemeat. A winner and a LOVELY vibrant colour too! Made for the Aussie/NZ recipe swap - merci encore. FT:-)