- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup crushed saltine (about 22 crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries or 1⁄4 cup frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground ham
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and ham over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 1 1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, baste meatloaf with barbecue sauce if desired. Garnish with bay leaves and cranberries, if desired. Discard bay leaves before slicing.