From British Columbia comes this recipe, a TOH family favorite, posted by one Marybell Lintott.
Make and share this Cranberry Meatballs and Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 (1 lb) package cocktail smoked sausage links
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble bulk sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in balls. In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat until browned, drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Add meatballs and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered until the meatballs are no longer pink, about 10 minutes, and the sauce is slightly thickened.