Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great holiday appetizer.
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Mix together eggs, soup mix, bread crumbs, cranberries, and parsley.
- Add beef and work mixture into beef with hands until well combined.
- Shape in to 1 inch balls; place in a baking dish.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan and heat on medium heat until bubbly.
- You may combine the meatballs and sauce in a bowl and serve or you can put the meatballs and sauce in a slow cooker, set on LOW, and serve from that.