Recipe by Dib's
These are great for parties as appetizers or serve as a meal over rice.
Top Review by Mille®
These are absolutely delicious! As a variation, I cut the cranberry in half and added sugar-free orange marmalade - that was also very good and more acceptable to the diabetic members of my family.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground lean pork
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup Progresso Italian-style fine bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄8 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together everything from beef to garlic-except butter.
- Form into walnut size meatballs.
- Heat butter in skillet to medium and fry meatballs until done.
- Add to sauce and keep warm in a crockpot.
- Sauce: Mix the three ingredients well, while stirring and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a crockpot.
- Keep on low.