Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are great for parties as appetizers or serve as a meal over rice.
Make and share this Cranberry Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground lean pork
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup Progresso Italian-style fine bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄8 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Mix together everything from beef to garlic-except butter.
- Form into walnut size meatballs.
- Heat butter in skillet to medium and fry meatballs until done.
- Add to sauce and keep warm in a crockpot.
- Sauce: Mix the three ingredients well, while stirring and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a crockpot.
- Keep on low.
These are absolutely delicious! As a variation, I cut the cranberry in half and added sugar-free orange marmalade - that was also very good and more acceptable to the diabetic members of my family.
I took this dish to a potluck and it was very popular. I used 1lb. of each of the meats and I baked the meatballs for 30 mins. @ 350F. I'll use this recipe again, it was delicious and easy. Thanks, Helen
Wow this is great stuff! I ate the leftovers cold out of the fridge the next day. I couldnt find any ground pork so I substituted ground beef.