Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My DH loves these meatballs. He eats cranberries with just about everything! This recipe came from "The Best of Mennonite Meals".
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a large bowl combine all the meatball ingredients. Divide the meat into 4 sections and make 15 meatballs from each section.
- Place in a large, greased casserole dish.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and pour over the meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
These were wonderful. A friend gave me a great recipe for homemade cranberries this year, and we ended up with a lot of leftovers. This was a PERFECT way to use them up. Served them with my recipe for Ohana Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes #196614 and green beans.
These meatballs are absolutely delicious. Hubby and I both liked them. I even ate two of them before supper. I love meatballs and will make these again. Thanks Rose.