Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
May use pots de creme cups or four ounce ramekins.
- 2⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup brandy or 1⁄4 cup orange juice, heated
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- You will need 8 pots de creme cups or 6 four-ounce ramekins.
- Lightly butter or spray the cups.
- Add the cranberries to a shallow soup bowl or cereal bowl; pour the brandy or orange juice over them; soak for 30 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Divide the cranberries among the prepared cups, arranging them on the bottom.
- Position the oven rack in the middle of the oven; preheat to 325°.
- Whisk eggs briefly in a big bowl, add in the mascarpone, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon; whisk until smooth.
- Place the cups in a large baking pan lined with a dish towel.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cups, and sprinkle lightly with the grated nutmeg.
- Place the pan on the oven rack and carefully pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted close to the edge comes out clean.
- Remove the cups from the pan with a dish towel.
- Cool completely and serve at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Elegant. Definitely serve warm. I used sherry as it was on hand and it was fine.