Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Bobby Flay Cooks American, these would be great for a lot of occasions other than Thanksgiving; however, he features them on his Thanksgiving menu. Note: preparation time does not include the three day waiting time after preparation before serving.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml water
- 473.18 ml cranberries (fresh) or 473.18 ml thawed frozen cranberries
- 1000.0 ml vodka (a fifth)
- cranberries and lime wedge (to garnish)
- At least three days before serving, bring the sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the sugar is completely melted and the mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat, stir in the cranberries, and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours. Pour the vodka into a large bowl and add the cooled cranberries. Let sit for at least 2 days, stirring occasionally. Strain the vodka into a bottle and chill overnight.
- To serve, fill chilled martini glasses with the vodka. Add a few cranberries to each glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
This recipe is not only easy to make but it's easy to serve! Great for Christmas.