1 hr 5 mins
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
This recipe is easy to execute but the result, when properly presented, is fancy enough to impress any dinner guest who enjoys rack of lamb. I suggest serving this dish with fresh green beans, steamed al dente and a bottle of wine, consistent with the one in the ingredients you selected when preparing the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lamb racks, Frenched
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
almond wild rice
- 1Place racks of lamb in large, deep dish. Add juice, wine, cranberries and rosemary.
- 2Note: You should use pure juice: either cranberry or pomegranate. Also, you can use either red or white wine, according to your preference.
- 3Cover and marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- 4Remove lamb from marinade, pat dry and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 5Place marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a thin glaze.
- 7Discard rosemary. Keep glaze warm.
- 8For the Almond Wild Rice:.
- 9Place rice in a pan of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- 10Turn off heat, cover and allow to steam for 20 minutes (rice will swell and curl).
- 11Return to a simmer and cook for 10 more minutes or until tender.
- 12Keep warm.
- 13Just before serving, toss through the almonds, oregano, orange juice and zest.
- 14While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F Heat oil in large pan and sear lamb on all sides to brown.
- 15Place lamb in oven and cook 8-10 minutes for medium rare or until cooked as desired.
- 16Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing into individual chops.
- 17Toss rice through almonds, oregano, juice and zest.
- 18Spoon sauce over lamb and serve with rice and steamed green beans.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry-Marinated Rack of Lamb With Almond Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: