Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is easy to execute but the result, when properly presented, is fancy enough to impress any dinner guest who enjoys rack of lamb. I suggest serving this dish with fresh green beans, steamed al dente and a bottle of wine, consistent with the one in the ingredients you selected when preparing the recipe.
- 2 lamb racks, Frenched
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
almond wild rice
- 4 ounces pure wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 orange, juice and zest of
- Place racks of lamb in large, deep dish. Add juice, wine, cranberries and rosemary.
- Note: You should use pure juice: either cranberry or pomegranate. Also, you can use either red or white wine, according to your preference.
- Cover and marinate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade, pat dry and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a thin glaze.
- Discard rosemary. Keep glaze warm.
- For the Almond Wild Rice:.
- Place rice in a pan of cold, salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, cover and allow to steam for 20 minutes (rice will swell and curl).
- Return to a simmer and cook for 10 more minutes or until tender.
- Keep warm.
- Just before serving, toss through the almonds, oregano, orange juice and zest.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F Heat oil in large pan and sear lamb on all sides to brown.
- Place lamb in oven and cook 8-10 minutes for medium rare or until cooked as desired.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing into individual chops.
- Toss rice through almonds, oregano, juice and zest.
- Spoon sauce over lamb and serve with rice and steamed green beans.