My own personal concoction, one of three that I wrote down in hopes of a good 'Rita. This one, as good as the first, is smooth and very berry!
- Moisten rim of margarita or martini glass with some cranberry juice.
- Hold glass inverted and dust exterior portion with some granulated sugar so it sticks to the juice on the outside rim.
- Add ice cubes to a cocktail shaker and top with tequila, triple sec, and cranberry juice.
- Replace lid and shake vigorously.
- Pour into prepared glass and serve.