Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great cranberry sauce for the holidays. The recipe was given to us at a company Thanksgiving party over 15 years ago. We have made it a few times over the years and found it to be a hit always. The sweetness of the combination, Textures of the walnuts and zest of the orange not only make it good for Thanksgiving dinner but one of our guests used it as a topping for plain cheese cake and WOW! Have to try!
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup raspberry-cranberry frozen juice concentrate
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 orange, juice of
- Wash cranberries.
- Mix in heavy sauce pan the cranberries, maple syrup, cranberry-raspberry concentrate (do not add water), zest and the juice from the orange.
- On High heat bring to a boiling point then reduce to medium heat for 10 minutes or till the cranberries pop-up.
- Then add the walnuts and remove from heat.
- Mix well and chill.
- Can be prepared a day or two in advance.