Cook1 hr 10 mins
I made this for holiday gifts and to have on hand for a healthier holiday snack, it is a nice way to lighten up granola using egg whites. I found the recipe in a recent 11/07 Bon Appetit Magazine and was pleasantly surprised to see the kids eating it by the handful:)
- Preheat 325 degrees.
- position rack in bottom third of oven.
- Spray a large jelly roll pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Stir 1/2 cup sugar and syrup in heavy small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves,occasionlly brush down sides with wet pasty brush.
- Pour into large bowl,cool to luke warm.
- Whisk in egg whites, extracts and spices.
- Add oats,nuts and remaining quarter cup of sugar,mix well.
- Spread mix in even layer on jelly roll.
- Bake 35 minutes.
- Using spatula turn granola over-bottom will be browned.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cranberries over and continue to bake 10 more minutes or till dry.
- Cool completely in pan.