1/1 Photo of Cranberry Maple Walnut Granola
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I made this for holiday gifts and to have on hand for a healthier holiday snack, it is a nice way to lighten up granola using egg whites. I found the recipe in a recent 11/07 Bon Appetit Magazine and was pleasantly surprised to see the kids eating it by the handful:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat 325 degrees.
- 2position rack in bottom third of oven.
- 3Spray a large jelly roll pan with non stick cooking spray.
- 4Stir 1/2 cup sugar and syrup in heavy small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves,occasionlly brush down sides with wet pasty brush.
- 5Pour into large bowl,cool to luke warm.
- 6Whisk in egg whites, extracts and spices.
- 7Add oats,nuts and remaining quarter cup of sugar,mix well.
- 8Spread mix in even layer on jelly roll.
- 9Bake 35 minutes.
- 10Using spatula turn granola over-bottom will be browned.
- 11Bake 10 minutes.
- 12Sprinkle cranberries over and continue to bake 10 more minutes or till dry.
- 13Cool completely in pan.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Maple Walnut Granola
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.8
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 54.0 g
- Protein 15.9 g