Prep 8 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is a molded cranberry jelly like for Thanksgiving. From "Martha Stewart Living."
Make and share this Cranberry Maple Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly oil mold; prepare an ice water bath in a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, and 3 cups water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries burst and are completely softened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour cranberries through a fine sieve, set over a bowl, pressing to release as much juice as possible (you should get about 4 cups, if not add water to equal 4 cups).
- Skim off any foam from the surface; stir in maple syrup.
- Transfer 1 cup of the liquid to a clean saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water; let soften 1 minute.
- Stir gelatin mixture into hot cranberry liquid in the saucepan; mix gelatin mixture into cranberry maple syrup mixture and stir well to completely combine.
- Set bowl into prepared ice water bath, stirring occasionally, to cool.
- After about 15 minutes, it should be beginning to thicken, then pour into oiled mold, and refrigerate until set, at least 8 hours, but can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- To unmold, dip the top of the mold into a bowl of hot water and run a thin knife around the edge of the mold to loosen the jelly; place the serving dish on top and invert to plate (if it doesn't release easily, repeat).