Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on the internet
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, washed
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest or 1 teaspoon lime zest or 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup cranberry juice (or water)
- Place all ingredients in a small to medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring well.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Purée in a food processor and pour into a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- Serve by scraping scoopfuls off the top and placing in small bowls with fresh fruits and cookies surrounding them.
- This same recipe is easily varied by using fresh, ripe blueberries, salmonberries, currants, or other favorite seasonal fruits.