Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One more out-of-the-ordinary cranberry recipe! Preparation time does not include the 4-hour chill time in the refrigerator.
- 12 ounces bag cranberries, rinsed, picked over
- 1 medium pear, ripe, peeled, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (additional)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- In food processor, process first 4 ingredients until coarsely chopped [More sugar can be added if desired].
- Transfer to bowl, then stir in pecans.
- Cover & chill at least 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Remove from frig 1 hour before serving.
What a wonderful combination! I served this with some roasted chicken. The flavors complemented it wonderfully. I will make this again. (I should add here that I used Splenda and Sugar-free maple syrup and it was still terrific!)