Recipe by Mom2 T, K, K & G
I saw this recipe on our local news around Thanksgiving a few years ago, and had to try it...it is delicious! I included chill time in cook time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I love all kinds of cranberry sauces, & this one is right in there, what with the inclusion of mandarin oranges & ginger ~ Really, really tasty that way! This recipe is very much a keeper in my book & I look forward to making this 'salad' again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my theme ~ Sassy Sauces! ~ in the current My 3 Chefs event]
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, place 3/4 bag of cranberries over medium/high heat.
- Add in liquid from mandarin oranges, grate in ginger & orange zest, & add sugar.
- When it starts to thicken, mash mixture until all berries are broken.
- Add remainder of cranberries & cook until they start to crack.
- Remove from heat, stir in mandarin oranges.
- Chill & serve.