Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a friend at my Bee group. June 08
- 17 ounces kirkland cranberry macadamia nut cereal
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Poke the seam side of the cereal pouch several times with a fork and crush with a rolling pin using medium pressure and pour into a bowl.
- Heat the honey, sugar, molasses and salt in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a full boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over the cereal and mix to evenly coat. Press into the prepared pan and allow to cool 45-60 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and wrap individually or cover entire pan with plastic wrap.
This gets the BIG 5 !! I could not find Kirkland cereal, so subbed with Nature's Path Organic Sunflower Agave Granola Cereal, and added 1/2 cup sliced almonds and 1/2 cup organic cranberries. Used some new palmetto honey from the Honey Swap and cut the sugar by 1/2. DH, DSis and my mom Mimi just loved these bars ~ honey sweet with the mellow taste of peanut butter. I really enjoyed how easy these were to put together ~ a definite keeper recipe. Thanks Beegirl :) Made for PAC SPRING 2009!