Recipe by MarraMamba
if you cant get cranberry beer, use a fruity beer of any kind.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. Everyone liked it, even though I burned it a little. I will be checking it at 50 minutes next time. I did not find cranberry beer, so I used Lienenkugel's Berry Weise beer instead. I also used apricot preserves. I will make this again. Made and Reviewed for Went to Market Tag - Thanks! :)
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sweet butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry-flavored beer
- 2⁄3 cup marmalade or 2⁄3 cup apricot preserves or 2⁄3 cup jam
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the beer.
- Blend the marmalade / apricot jam with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Add the flour mixture and blend together.
- Add the cranberries last.
- Butter and flour a 9 inch loaf pan.
- Pour the mixture in and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf for about 10 minutes, then turn onto a rack to cool completely.