Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 840 hrs
You can use this in your Cosmopolitian, Sea Breeze cocktails.
Make and share this Cranberry Liqueur recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse and pick over the cranberries, discarding stems and any soft or shriveled berries.
- Chop berries in a blender.
- In a sterile, wide-mouth jar, combine the cranberries, vodka, sugar syrup and orange zest.
- Cap, shake gently and set aside in a cool dark place for 4 to 5 weeks.
- When ready to proceed, strain out the solids and save for other uses (cakes, sauces or relish).
- Filter and transfer to another sterilized bottle.
- Note: To make sugar syrup, bring 1 1/4 cups sugar and 2/3 cup water to a boil.
- Simmer, occasionally stirring and scraping down the sides of the pan, until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
Made this for gift-giving, with Wolfshmidt 100 proof- lovely color, but POTENT. We've been jokingly calling it "cranberry hootch"! Tasty stuff.