1/4 Photos of Cranberry Liqueur
288 hrs 20 mins
echo echo's Note:
I always associate autumn with cranberries. Here is an elegant liqueur that's really easy to make (and a treat to receive as a Christmas or hostess gift). If giving as a gift, be sure to allow enough time (in days) for the fruit to fully infuse the liquor. Cooking time is actually infusion time. UPDATE: After the liqueur is made, try using it to make Rita L's cocktail A Jolly Christmas Special Cosmo or Red Hot Lovers Cosmo (A Jolly Christmas Special Cosmo or Red Hot Lovers Cosmo), or if you give the liqueur as a gift, you might want to give the recipient a copy of Rita's recipe to go with it!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cranberries with 2 cups sugar.
- 2Add water and boil 4-5 minutes until skins start to pop.
- 3Remove from heat and cool.
- 4Put in a mixing jar, add vodka and shake vigorously.
- 5Cover and leave to infuse at least 7 days, shaking or stirring occasionally.
- 6Pour thru a coarse strainer and discard berries.
- 7Let rest 3-4 days.
- 8Without shaking the jar, decant only the clear liquor into another jar, leaving white residue in the original jar.
- 9The white residue can be put thru a paper strainer (I use an unbleached coffee filter) until liquid is clear; add the strained liquor to the already decanted liqueur.
- 10Combine liqueur with 2 more cups of sugar and shake vigorously until sugar is absorbed.
- 11Let clear overnight and bottle.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Liqueur
Serving Size: 1 (2182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4846.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 855.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 817.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g