Recipe by Derf
Nice change from the usual cranberry orange sauce, a bit more tart to taste and goes great with chicken and turkey.
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute, to taste (I use 1/3 cup)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Add to a medium saucepan, cranberries, 1/3 cup water, lime zest, lime juice, splenda and the pinch of salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the cranberries start to burst, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Make a slurry with the teaspoon of water and cornstarch.
- Add the slurry to the saucepan, stir and simmer 1 minute longer or until thickened.
- Cool and serve with poultry.