1/1 Photo of Cranberry Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Elly in Canada's Note:
A nice flavourful shortbread! I make these for Christmas, nice to add to the cookie trays for friends and neighbours. Source: Inspired by Compliments magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries, finely chopped
- 1With an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and lemon zest.
- 2Combine flour, salt and cranberries. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture, blending until smooth. Form dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap.
- 3Refrigerate for 30 minutes (not included in prep time). to make it easier to handle.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface or between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness.
- 5Cut into desired shapes with lightly floured cookie cutter or knife. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets and bake until lightly golden around the edges, 15 to 20 minute
- 6Cool completely on wire rack.
- 8Mix icing sugar and cranberry juice to form a pale pink icing. Keep covered until ready to use. Once cookies have cooled, decorate each cookie with icing and allow to firm up.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 18.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g