Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Nothing's more declicious than delicate and flaky scones hot from the oven.
Make and share this Cranberry Lemon Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Mix dry ingredients together. Cut butter into flour mixture using a pastry knife or a food processor until crumbly. Add cranberries and mix gently to distribute.
- Pour buttermilk over flour mixture and stir with a fork or pulse in food processor until the dough gathers into a sticky ball. Do not over mix or the scones will be tough.
- On a floured surface, gently pat dough to 1/2-inch thick. Cut into 3-inch rounds using a floured cutter. Reshape leftover scraps with your fingers and cut more rounds. Place rounds 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.